American politics

• 2609 Replies

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: American politics
« Reply #2580 on: February 06, 2018, 01:19:56 PM »
In predictable fashion, the trumpets are shrugging their shoulders saying well they predicted a correction!

Ha ha ha ha. Yeah so is that why Cheeto man was bragging about an overheated stock market as a major accomplishment? No these types refuse to see they’re being had by one of the biggest conman of this century. Trump has had a lifetime of learning to manipulate people to his advantage and he is a master of bull. And these poor sods are falling for it, if for a few trinkets of ‘conservatism’. There is nothing sadder, than to see these conservative/libertarian/evangelical types so obediently backing the likes of trump. Even I couldn’t have thought this was possible.

Many people have been saying this has gone well past the debate between Democrat vs Republican. It’s now about human decency. And recognizing one of the biggest con artists ever to take the White House. ‘Tricky Dick’ doesn’t hold a candle to Cheeto man!

Max

• View Profile
    • maxmacdonald.art
« Reply #2581 on: February 06, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »
Absolutely right, Max. The man is a **** through and through. The ****-licking Republicans in Congress are complicit in all his crimes. I wonder how they'll spin the chaos on Wall Street if it continues?

And I wonder if this news item has had him in a fit of the sulks today? I imagine he'll be chewing the White House carpet, impotent with jealous rage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42950957

Au contraire, Groove! I imagine that Trump would, in public at least, love this bit of news. It's a PR coup, a gift from out of the blue. It puts American can-do bravura tech in the spotlight. At last, a positive story about American know-how! It's elicits nostalgia that's downright giddy. The wild success of the Falcon Heavy launch recalls the heady days of NASA successes decades past. The general public excitement about SpaceX's achievement is palpable. Trump will doubtless claim credit for it somehow. Perhaps even genially confide that he invented Elon Musk. Win-win all around.

Trump will spin it as a success he personally engineered. He'll be telling the world that he and Elon almost played golf together once.

Good on Elon Musk and SpaceX. What a coup for them.
______

Max

Max

• View Profile
    • maxmacdonald.art
« Reply #2582 on: February 06, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »
Not to mention that SpaceX is (mostly) private sector. Makes NASA look like nauseating spendaholics by comparison. Trump will love that. It neatly fits into his anti-government, pro-corporate mantra.
______

Max

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:12 PM »
You mean Snapple max :)

Yeah no doubt it will always be a nightmare reality show down there, Cheeto man is an opportunist through and through any halfwit can see that, and so is most of congress which makes things worse.

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: February 07, 2018, 10:19:27 AM »
I think this is an excellent name for the tinpot dictator in the Office of the President of the goodol' USA.    "Cadet Bone Spurs"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/06/politics/tammy-duckworth-cadet-bone-spurs/index.html

Quote from: CNN
"An Illinois Democrat who was seriously wounded in Iraq derisively referred to President Donald Trump's draft deferments after Trump called Democrats "treasonous" for not clapping during his State of the Union speech.

"We don't live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap," Sen. Tammy Duckworth tweeted Monday evening.

Duckworth, an Army veteran who lost her legs while serving in Iraq, appeared to be referencing Trump's draft deferments. Trump received five draft deferments throughout the Vietnam War, and on one occasion, Trump received a deferment because of bone spurs."

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: February 07, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
I find it incredible that the same hypocrites who always is first in line to salute and holler about their support and thanks to the troops who served, yet are silent about the Cheeto man when he calls people some of whom not only served but lost their limbs in service as ‘unamerican and treasonous’

Makes me sick.

Max

• View Profile
    • maxmacdonald.art
« Reply #2586 on: February 07, 2018, 08:52:11 PM »
In other news, Cadet Bone Spurs dearly wants a military parade... like the one he saw in France recently, but bigger, of course. This guy keeps compensating for a case of massive inadequacy that dogs him daily.
______

Max

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: February 07, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »
I heard this as well. So the other day he wants those who do not clap considered treasonous (even at least one of those served in battle and lost her legs...) and now wants a bigger best military parade.

Why am I not surprised. The laughing stock of the world...

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: February 07, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
I have to wonder does Cadet Bone Spurs  know the Canada's (Head of State and Head of the Military) Governor General has the right to wear a military uniform(s)?

The only uniform Cadet Bone Spurs wears is the uniform of Wall Street financier or country club golf attire.

Would Cadet Bone Spurs like to wear a uniform (and metals) to take the salute(s) from tanks, missile carriers and  jet fighter fly overs? Me thinks that whole point of honouring the troops.

Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: February 08, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »
Volunteering enriches your Life.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: February 08, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
Remember when the libertarians were freaking out about the debt under Obama, even though under Obama the debt was reduced more than under any president before... (about half a trillion)... and while it was the first year still under bush’s budget blamed Obama for the out of control deficit??

Well their great conservative money managers just more than doubled the deficit with their huge massive giveaway to the rich to way over a trillion just like baby bush did...

Wonder if you’ll hear even one of them say a peep...

Case closed :)

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: February 09, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
To be fair to Rand Paul, he threw a spanner into the works by causing the government to shut down by speaking just about that topic. He wanted to add an amendment to the bill, I believe about  budget caps. Largely symbolic, true, but true to his libertarian beliefs.

It wasn't a "good government shutdown" like    Trump    Cadet Bone Spurs wanted but it stalled the process for the libertarian cause.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: February 09, 2018, 08:07:19 PM »
So trump, won’t release the democrat memo.

He only wants the republican one that merely cherry picked a couple things that makes it look like what he wants. The democrat memo, is more detailed, and has more facts.

Trumpers, don’t like more facts.

Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: February 10, 2018, 10:35:22 AM »
John Oliver's assessment of Trump's psyche.

Volunteering enriches your Life.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: February 14, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting-suspect/index.html

At this time they are saying 17 students, dead.

Was he a Muslim? Nope. White. Oh! An AR-15!

So what are the nra ‘good guys with a gun types’ saying?

Probably no solutions, though they LOVE asking you what yours would be... but plenty of thoughts and prayers, sprinkled with ‘now’s not the time to politicize things for gun control’.

Hey did they ban bump stocks yet?