American politics

• 2327 Replies

Sonal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My creative writing blog
Re: American politics
« Reply #2145 on: May 17, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »
We can but hope...but then again, I'm not sure what I'm hoping for, since the alternative is Mike Pence, who would likely actually get things done, and that's a whole 'nother scary scenario.

Ideologue will actually achieve agenda vs. Narcissist may start World War III because it bolsters his ego....

It's a tough call.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
My guess is, that Pence will prove to be deeply unpopular. The let down of trump not being president (where is our messiah??? ) and pence really, just being a much less likable and lamer version of George Bush, it won't go well is my prediction.

The Doug

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Doug on Zenfolio
« Reply #2147 on: May 17, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
Trump's most ardent supporters won't be let down, they will just be more brainlessly angry.
Ars est celare artem •  The Doug Photography

Paddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »
Ideologue will actually achieve agenda vs. Narcissist may start World War III because it bolsters his ego....

It's a tough call.

Yeah - I was going to say something to that effect. If those are the only two options, then Pence's actions may be reversible - though I fear for the ongoing environmental degradation - but WWIII? The effects of that could be unimaginable, depending on how far things went. Not a happy choice, is it?

RTM

• Red Tape Mummy from the digs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: May 17, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »

It's a tough call.

Yep the Super Elite have managed to get the Donald to go along with Hiliaries main platform plank.

Not good for the rest of us, but the Demorats have been doing everything they can to ratchet up friction with Russia, so they really have no right to complain if Trump winds up starting WWIII. 

Interesting that they are upset that Trump may have revealed the inner working of ISIS to the Russians. This would only be a problem if the US and it's Israeli ally are closely aligned with ISIS. In that case giving information to the one nation actively fighting ISIS would be an issue. Otherwise smokescreen stuff.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: May 17, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »
Go along with Hillary's main campaign plank?

Is this the latest pivot? ;)

Hillary was no where near a policy of WW3 with Russia. This is a bunch of 'alt news' nonsense seeded out to discredit her. There may be plenty to criticize about her foreign policy, but this doesn't even have anything to back it up.

I guess every president since WW2 has been intent on war with Russia??

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 17, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
Additionally, the reason why it's a problem that Russia is now privy to classified intel, is that it will known where it came from from a plant within isis. Now think about that for a second, perhaps, it may be the opposite of what you're thinking...

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: May 19, 2017, 03:55:12 PM »
And now it's a nine-day trip abroad. How will the man-baby President do, I wonder, legendary non-traveler that he is - while at home they continue to peck away at all those pesky Russian connections and Trump's seemingly endless efforts to subvert democracy: the calculated destruction of net neutrality under his watch and with his blessing, threatening people whose job it is to look into Trump's own questionable ethics and possibly worse.... this cowardly bully who hasn't met a fellow bully he doesn't like - Erdogan and Putin, to name but two.

Something new every day. What a clownish presidency this has become.
______

Max

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 21, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
So.... get this.

Trump makes up a rule (executive order?) that says if you worked with a law firm that represented someone you're investigating well, you can't. Period.

So, despite deputy AG appointing special counsel Robert mueller, his former law firm represented both Kushner and... Manafort. You don't think this was arranged?

Now get this... trump really wanted Lieberman for FBI director. Even Lieberman was surprised by the possibility, and when he apparently wasn't interested Trump called him.

Lieberman's former law firm represented Trump.

Now you just think about that for a quick moment. You don't think trump has anything to hide re: Russians??

Ha ha ha ha. Riiiiiiiight.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:57:04 PM by Groovetube »

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 21, 2017, 09:29:47 PM »
http://huffp.st/5z5fitU

The hypocrisy of the Trumps is just staggering.

Paddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: May 22, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
And now Flynn is confirming that he has lots to hide by taking the 5th... <_<

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40004300

Let's hope Congress has the courage to seek criminal prosecution.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 22, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/22/fox-news-reporters-just-admitted-theyre-disgusted-hannity-conspiracy-theories/

I've always thought this Hannity guy was a total sham but it's hard to believe even this guy, who isn't quite the fraud brietbart or Alex jones is, is still pushing this thoroughly debunked crap.

But there's always going to be enough that will actually believe this stuff, just like the pizzagate thing.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: May 26, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »
I keep seeing some alt right types, constantly posting all about how Islam is a religion of violence. Know nothing morons, but one has to wonder if any of the other horrific violence not done by anyone Muslim ever even registers.

Y'know, this sort of thing that keeps happening and none of them ever, point it out....
http://resistancereport.com/news/oregon-man-cut-throats-passengers/

Trump supporters!

Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: May 27, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »
Wait 'till their zealots learn how to make IED's that mimic extremest devices.

Then it will really get ugly.

And it will happen.
Volunteering enriches your Life.