American politics

• 2376 Replies

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: American politics
« Reply #2025 on: February 16, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »
And this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/frankfurt-mass-sexual-assault-refugees-fake-made-up-bild-germany-cologne-new-year-allegations-a7581291.html

Big surprise. They've been beating this drum loudly for a while. Not only does it expose them for the heartless racist arsewiles they are, but good on them for making it worse for women who are assaulted and have already an uphill battle to be believed. But these dispicible people wouldn't care.

Just sickens me.

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 17, 2017, 06:37:46 AM »
I watched the Trumpery press conference yesterday. I noted the press have figured out how to deal with Trump. In my estimation Trump, given his comments, thinks he is still campaigning to be President.
I think the investigation into the "Russian connection" could prove to be interesting.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 17, 2017, 07:00:05 AM »
We here in toronto have seen this sort of thing before. We know how this goes, and, how it ends. Rob ford only liked campaigning. He had a hard time dealing with actually governing, and in his words, couldn't wait to campaign again. It's because these  narcissistic people are there for the adoration. And they will always fail at actually governing. Their supporters are too blind to see it.

I just hope the republicans don't damage the economy so badly that it will take ANOTHER 8 years to recover it. They just bloody well went through recovery they need some sustainable boom time. Republicans will always overheat the economy to fill their buddies back pockets and when it all crashes they'll be there to buy up the assets for pennies on the dollar. Just watch what the republican congress is doing right now, and the people trump is installing in his admin. It's frigging textbook.

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 17, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »
That leaked memo today about Trump administration plans to create a National Guard deportment force to round up illegal aliens is a tad disconcerting. I wish I could dismiss it as pure fiction, but given this guy's track record since he got into office, all bets are off. And I thought yesterday's press conference was wacky enough. Now this Presidency is going into a very dark place indeed.
______

Max

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 17, 2017, 04:25:37 PM »
It's only been a month. Think of how dark things look down there after only one month. It took a couple years before things got seriously dark with rob ford, so I predict things are going to seriously bad. All the ones who are sitting on the sidelines cheering him on since he appears to support a few of their pet issues, are going to be eating a crap sandwich with the rest of, well everyone else.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 19, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »
http://usuncut.com/news/sweden-officially-asks-trump-explain-comments-fake-terror-attack-last-night/

It won't matter. Because Trump, brietbart info wars etc have built up this BS narrative based on lies about attacks and crime by refugees as being a big coverup by the 'liberal left', as if somehow anyone has -anything- to gain by covering it up, and questioning them because it's clearly lies merely plays into their howls of 'coverup!'. Trump etc know damn well his supporters won't look this up, they'll just parrot more brietbart and Alex jones links to all the nonsense attacks, many of which have been easily shown as discredited already, and won't research anything. These are people who want so desperately to be right, that I've even seen Canadian ones sending snake oil salesman Ezra Levant tons of cash to prove their bull on purported refugee attacks here!

Imagine, being so gullible. I'd imagine these sorts are just praying for a refugee attack here in Canada so they can gloat. Perhaps those are the ones that should be deported...

Paddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »

Snapple Quaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 20, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
The incident reflects an emerging pattern noted by several top political reporters in how the Trump administration handles its most controversial policy proposals, and undermines the press in the process:

1. Wait for a draft memo of a proposal to be leaked to the press.
2. Refuse to comment when asked about the draft.
3. Wait to dispute a story's accuracy until the story is published.
4. Accuse the press of never having sought comment to begin with.
Oh,what fun!

Snapple Quaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 20, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »
I had thought that the Presidents of the United States formed an oscillating, divergent sequence, but it looks like we have exponential decay built in here.

Mouse

• View Profile
Volunteering enriches your Life.

The Doug

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Doug on Zenfolio
« Reply #2035 on: February 20, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
Can you imagine four more years of this dangerous garbage.
Ars est celare artem •  The Doug Photography

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 20, 2017, 01:34:47 PM »
mouse seen that it's hilarious!

Well, us Toronto-ites know very well the fatigue of daily crisis. These types when they get into power, so clearly have a problem, the need for attention is so great, and their followers, the desperate need for empowerment. There's a few people on the right I had thought a little smarter but are full public supporters of this. It sort of explains their past nonsense but was a little surprising to me.

But it will be, make no mistake, a very disastrous 4 years. Regardless of who you supported.

Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 20, 2017, 07:04:58 PM »
Just finished this. 

Do not watch on a full stomach.

Volunteering enriches your Life.

RTM

• Red Tape Mummy from the digs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:12 PM »
That leaked memo today about Trump administration plans to create a National Guard deportment force to round up illegal aliens is a tad disconcerting. I wish I could dismiss it as pure fiction, but given this guy's track record since he got into office, all bets are off. And I thought yesterday's press conference was wacky enough. Now this Presidency is going into a very dark place indeed.

Turns out it was more or less fake news. Whether or not Trump suckered various newscasters is open to interpretation.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 20, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »
Sure it is. Until it happens.

Listen, there's no doubt trump is playing chicken with the press with planned leaks and his whole the media is public enemy number one routine, but it's to set everyone up for when he does pull horrible crap and he gets to act as though the media is crazy, while getting away practically with mass murder. Think that's nuts?

Heh. All the ones that thought that Hillary was as bad or worse are going to eat their words down the line. He has made his murderous intentions clear all throughout the campaign. But we've been set up to ignore it already.