Still Filling My Toybox

• 35 Replies

Max

• View Profile
Re: Still Filling My Toybox
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »
I'm a self-taught touch typist and while it took me years to be decent at it now I'm quite fast and accurate. So the whole texting thing still feels foreign to me. I can do it but I just don't like it.

That said, my iPad feels fast enough. It's just not something I find terribly useful for the things I typically do. It's probably a sign that I've been working too much and not travelling enough! Flaw in the user, rather than in the device.
______

Max

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »
Yep indeed, if I travelled more I would probably have more interest in a new iPad.  My wife bought a 13" iPad Pro which sits on our kitchen table now and is the "game iPad" that her and her Mom play word games on and that's about the only use it gets (although she does occasionally take it with her when travelling -- but most of the time since she needs to also take her Macbook Air she doesn't bother as she doesn't want to carry the iPhone, iPad and Macbook Air all over the place).  It's the same for me, since I do IT support stuff I pretty much have to take my MBP with me everywhere when I travel.

RTM

• Red Tape Mummy from the digs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
Strange. When I travel I prefer to leave all the electronics at home. If I do need a fix, half an hour at a Library computer is more than adequate, and everything I need travels nicely on an SD card.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »
If you have to be accessible for work, you have to bring something.

I recall being away in Mexico I thought I'd get smart and leave everything at home and wouldn't you know it there was an emergency where unneeded a computer and files.

One advantage of leaving that world behind, I could actually travel without anything. Hmmm.

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 06:57:27 AM »
I couldn't imagine travelling without a camera and an iPhone at the very least. Different strokes for different folks.
______

Max

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »
Well I did have a camera. I just didn't see the point of the iPhone as I wouldn't be able to use it much down there anyway.