If you find problems ...

• 69 Replies

Sharktooth

• View Profile
Re: If you find problems ...
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 10:35:26 PM »
  It's kinda bugs me that the no avatar option shows the largest avatar of all with a big question mark in it.   Is it possible to truly have no avatar if you've selected the no avatar option in your profile?   if not, can you at least make the default no-avatar avatar (question mark symbol in a big blue circle) much much smaller.

Thanks.

Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 09:19:05 AM »
Nice catch.  It's not unlike "HEY, you, watsa matta for you??"  Get with the program!!!

Nerd Speak:  Is there meta data, or some something else, that they can glean from an avatar?
Volunteering enriches your Life.

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
  It's kinda bugs me that the no avatar option shows the largest avatar of all with a big question mark in it.   Is it possible to truly have no avatar if you've selected the no avatar option in your profile?   if not, can you at least make the default no-avatar avatar (question mark symbol in a big blue circle) much much smaller.

Thanks.

Sorry the forum software is what it is and I have no interest in re-writing portions of it, the stuff you're talking about is part of the core forum software itself.

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
I receive a warning that "the message window is empty" when I attempt to preview my post(s). I can then post the message successfully and edit anything in the message after it has been posted.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?
I just encountered this error again  when composing in the "Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Download with Security Update" thread.  I took a screenshot of the error message this time. Question is how to copy and paste the screenshot to get it Admins or in this thread? Screenshots taken on iPad mini.

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2018, 03:28:26 PM »
Thanks for reporting again, but honestly there's nothing in a screen shot that is going to do anything to help.  This is something strange between the forum software and your setup specifically it seems.  Is there a way to clean/remove cookies on an iPad?  You would think that this check would check the actual form contents specifically and it seems like there's something else going on here ...  and since the form contents are there and work as expected there must be some other check in place and the only thing I can think of is if something is stashed in a cookie somewhere that got out of sync.  There seems to be a way to do this.  Also if this doesn't work have you tried logging out and then back in again on the iPad?  Sometimes this will kill and reset the main cookie as well.   Other than that I honestly don't know what's going on with this as it seems to be only happening to you.

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2018, 04:01:44 PM »
I am using iCab mobile so cookie cleaning should be a snap. When I clean out the cookie I shall have to log back in so another checkbox ticked.

The other issue is it is only happens intermittently, rather randomly as not all conditions the same each time.

So again no biggy in term of hopeless but not serious. 😱😊

Oh It just did it again. The original post, previous post and this post I used "Apple text" emoji's rather than this site's emoji's could that be the culprit?

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »
That could totally be the culprit and if that's the case then congratulations, you've likely just found a potential exploit in iCab's DOM implementation :)  (speaking of all of the exploits going around these days hehe).

Try it again and see if that's the cause!

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »
This is a test 😜 yes (it worked like a charm?) it provided the error message
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2018, 11:55:57 AM »
Then iCab is what has the issue in this case, it's seemingly not able to handle the UTF8 (UTF16?) encoded emoji's in the text body and the javascript engine is then returning a NULL instead of the actual contents of the textarea, so it's thinks that there is no text.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 12:05:53 PM »
Yeah I used iCab for a bit and had all kinds of problems as well. Gave up.