Why must iTunes suck so bad???

• 7 Replies

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Why must iTunes suck so bad???
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:49:20 PM »
I let iTunes match expire, I'm not paying for it anymore, now everything is messed up, double songs everywhere one with a cloud symbol.

How do I return this to sanity???

mose

• View Profile
    • One Degree
Re: Why must iTunes suck so bad???
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »
Do you use "Music" that Apple service I know little if anything about?

I have never signed up - I kinda like payin for my music and do not subscribe to Spotiwhatever or other streaming services - and have never had one single issue with iTunes. Ever - 3 devices, my main music player and I grab songs/albums and rent the occasional movie?

Yep, been here way before all y'all ...

and ... outahere

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »
No, I don't subscribe to any of them at the moment.

I have heard that Spotify is being better to writers, I may look in to this.

But back to iTunes. Gawd what a total mess.

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »
Haven't signed up with Apple Music. Don't plan to. Ditto for Spotify or any other streaming service.

Love music here but don't trust any of these platforms.... they want your money but I can't say as I really see the value proposition. I think they all screw the artists, just to varying degrees.
______

Max

mose

• View Profile
    • One Degree
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 10:30:11 PM »
Max I agree.

I like radio. Not that I listen to it, cause there just isn't any?

I do have my 7,000 songs - most from my CDs I ripped and a lot I bought   They are on constant shuffle.

It does make me smile when one of my tunes pops up. I skip it, but it does make me smile.

I do miss the audiophile (ish) days - clean vinyl, great speakers and listening - I am the kind of guy that had to listen to an entire album. No jumping around.

Music is ok - my system here is a MBPro, an iPod,  a Mackie mixer, a 600 watt amp a couple of old Yorkville YSM 1s and a Mackie powered PA beast or a speaker that adds some ooooomph!!!! If and when I want it. Not clean but JHC!!!!!!  It is loud. (real nice that your landlord is a sound guy and a drummer!)

And I like it fine enough. If your listen to something long enough or convince yourself - it all works out.

Yep, been here way before all y'all ...

and ... outahere

Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:37:54 AM »
Sitting here surfing in the morning, it's iTunes radio, usually RCO Webradio.

In the car it's either JAZZ-FM or CBC2 for the Julie/Tom shows. 

Loath commercials so bad I can't even ......
Volunteering enriches your Life.

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
What you will probably have to do is one of two things ... either move your iTunes music library aside (move the folder to a different location) and relaunch iTunes.  It should make a new blank library in that location.  Then drag and drop the folder with all the actual content back into iTunes and let it copy everything into the new library.

OR

You could try doing a consolidate library and see if that resolves it (probably won't).

I'm very happy with Spotify premium these days.  It has really great value-added stuff for me and I like the player much better than iTunes.  It works with all of my devices including my Amazon Echo's (which I have in a few places around the house).  The music suggestions and automated music mixes (like iTunes genius mixes but WAY better), the weekly discover playlist, being able to subscribe to playlists of things that I like that other people curate, etc.  Oh and it also gives me access to my local iTunes library as well so takes care of all of that sort of stuff for me (tons and tons of CD's I've ripped and a lot of indie stuff that's just not available on any online service, etc).

RTM

• Red Tape Mummy from the digs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 10:50:56 PM »
Don't usually play music on the MacBook Pro but did this PM. Spent about 10 minutes rediscovering how to temporarily shut off shuffle. I am sure it will once more be on the next time I launch iTunes. ::)