Former ehMac members

• 68 Replies

fjnmusic

• View Profile
    • Fearless Frank is on Fandalism
Re: Former ehMac members
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
Greetings bro ;)

How've you been, Ottawaman? Nice weather? Tulip Festival soon?
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."  – Eubie Blake at 100

Ottawaman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »
Good, thanks or asking.

It's been a pretty wet spring. I'm hoping for some good weather soon. I can walk to the tulip festival during my lunch break so I may go again this year.
This will be the 65th anniversary of the event.

https://www.ottawatourism.ca/member/canadian-tulip-festival/

How are things where you are?

fjnmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »
Good, thanks or asking.

It's been a pretty wet spring. I'm hoping for some good weather soon. I can walk to the tulip festival during my lunch break so I may go again this year.
This will be the 65th anniversary of the event.

https://www.ottawatourism.ca/member/canadian-tulip-festival/

How are things where you are?

Pretty good, pretty good. Intermittent snow dumps and melting at the moment. I did see the tulip festival about three years ago when I visited Ottawa. Very impressive! One concern though: why is there a big blue whale in the middle of Ootawa?
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."  – Eubie Blake at 100

Ottawaman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 04:22:27 PM »
It's just Krillin  ;)

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
Ah dows lake. There's some nice memories. We need to get up there for some visits. My wife's parents will be in town there for the spring visiting my inlaws so a good excuse for some time up in the hills.

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
I think I'll be back in Ottawa in May ... we should have an MD meetup there ;)

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:26 PM »
I have fond memories of skating on the canal one fine day... with compelling hallucinogenics to accompany myself and my friends. Too young to know better, to eager to live to care much anyway.

Bike hikes across the city, and into the Gatineaus... smoking hash at the Chaud with the waiter and my older brother... and the tulip festival too! My parents and two of my brothers are gone, buried in Ottawa... my sister is in Nepean and I still make it out there from time to time. Grand town, I just never found my feet there.
______

Max

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 09:01:10 PM »
My wife grew up in Ottawa. Someone told me if I moved there I'd come back married. Yowza were they right! :)

I love the town, but I couldn't live in that city, I'd have to go in the Gatineau or something, the whole government silly Servant thing is kinda annoying. But the canal is awesome.

Just so you know Max, someone mentioned to me privately there is someone with likely far too much time on their hands (and likely a pretty sad life obviously) screenshotting our posts if we casually joke about drug use by someone many years ago and posting them elsewhere. I'm not sure why they enjoy stalking people, but just thought I'd mention it. Not that they can do a damn thing about it :)

If we're all up there at the same time a nice pub would be cool. We may be going in may actually.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:35:46 PM by Groovetube »

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:01 AM »
Interesting, Groove, and thanks for the heads-up. I thought about what I was typing up and gave it a moment's consideration before deciding it was of little consequence. I have no problem admitting that I did silly things as a teen. Denying my youthful follies would be even worse.

But yeah, such is the age we live in.
______

Max

MeAtMac DotCalm

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2017, 08:33:10 AM »
It's interesting "the stalker" never complained about Steve Jobs use of drugs that expanded his mind to bring the world PC's, Macs, iPods, iPhones etc.

Some want to blame anyone or anything but never look in the mirror and reflect on the image before them.

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
It's interesting "the stalker" never complained about Steve Jobs use of drugs that expanded his mind to bring the world PC's, Macs, iPods, iPhones etc.

Some want to blame anyone or anything but never look in the mirror and reflect on the image before them.

Well, just a reminder that this being the internet, there are some unhinged people out there, with little to do in their lives but follow people around and try to harass them. Good to be aware, but best to completely ignore their nonsense.

It's why these days, this is the only forum I participate in generally anymore, as I know most of the people here personally.

fjnmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:56 AM »
Yup, that would be Macf*ry. Fine fellow. Ever heard of sealioning? There's your textbook example.

My wife grew up in Ottawa. Someone told me if I moved there I'd come back married. Yowza were they right! :)

I love the town, but I couldn't live in that city, I'd have to go in the Gatineau or something, the whole government silly Servant thing is kinda annoying. But the canal is awesome.

Just so you know Max, someone mentioned to me privately there is someone with likely far too much time on their hands (and likely a pretty sad life obviously) screenshotting our posts if we casually joke about drug use by someone many years ago and posting them elsewhere. I'm not sure why they enjoy stalking people, but just thought I'd mention it. Not that they can do a damn thing about it :)

If we're all up there at the same time a nice pub would be cool. We may be going in may actually.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:33:51 AM by fjnmusic »

Groovetube

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 07:58:22 AM »
Don't miss it! :)

I'm more interested in if a few of us will end up in Ottawa at the same time.

Max

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 08:39:09 AM »
In defense of MacFury: he and I disagree on most everything when it comes to political things, but he did PM me a few times some years back, courteously offering empathy and insight when we both were each encountering the difficult obstacles of dealing with family members going through the ravages of dementia. For that simple gesture of humanity, I remain grateful and appreciative.

I had to leave the other place because I simply grew tired of the bickering. Too, I had concluded in general that the site leaned too far to the right for my tastes. Perhaps it's more about my own personal evolution; these days I try not to argue with strangers over the internet. It happens from time to time still - it's hard to avoid in these surreal times - but I've mostly grown tired of my own arguments and the self-righteous zeal of others. Life's too damn short. I'd much rather find common cause than try and persuade someone that I'm right and they're wrong.

The internet is both cesspool and saviour. I remain intensely ambivalent about it. I suppose that's why I've tried my share of social and ended up largely abandoning it.
______

Max

Gerk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 10:29:47 AM »
I hate to be the party-pooper here, but let's try to keep things on topic and just try and forget about the other place and stop naming it or people involved with it, etc.  I'm all for just moving on and being happy.

And Max, I'm totally with you on that front, life is definitely too short -- in terms of social media I pretty much only keep accounts for the social purposes of it, there are quite a few people I know that just don't answer emails but do answer PMs on facebook :/